Home > Kolkata > Fire breaks out inside plastic factory, none injured

Fire breaks out inside plastic factory, none injured

 Team MP |  2018-04-15 17:49:55.0

Fire breaks out inside plastic factory, none injured

Kolkata: A fire broke out inside a plastic factory in Bengal's North 24-Parganas district on Sunday afternoon. However, no one was
injured in the blaze.
The fire broke out inside a plastic chair factory in Jagaddal's Madral area at around 2.30 pm. Some parts of the factory were gutted.
Locals spotted smoke billowing out of the factory and reported the matter to the fire brigade.
An employee was inside the factory when it caught fire. The locals rescued him immediately after the fire broke out.
The incident triggered tension among the locals as the factory is situated in a congested area.
After being informed, police reached the spot and cordoned off the entire area.
It was difficult for the fire fighters to get inside.
The fire spread quickly as inflammable materials were stored in the premises.
The locals informed the police that a huge amount of inflammable materials were kept inside the factory which had aggravated the situation further.
A total of three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.
The fire was brought under control within one and half hours but some pockets inside the factory were burning till 4.30 pm on Sunday.
The cause of the fire and the extent of the damage are yet to be ascertained.
According to preliminary investigation, the fire officials suspect that an electrical short circuit might have caused the fire.
The fire department officials suspect that the factory had no proper fire fighting system.
The police and fire officials are also probing if the factory had fire clearance.
According to a senior police of Barrackpore, steps would be taken against the owners if it is found that it had no fire clearance.
A detailed probe has been initiated.

Share it
Top