Top
Millennium Post

Fire breaks out in Vedic Village cottage

Kolkata: A fire broke out in a cottage in Vedic Village at Rajarhat on Thursday.
Two fire tenders were pressed into service and fire fighters took a few hours to douse the flames completely.
It was around 1 pm when some people saw smoke billowing out of the cottage window and contacted the Fire and Emergency Services department.
As the cottage was made up of inflammable objects, it resulted in the fast spreading of the flames. Thus, the entire cottage was gutted.
Though the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, the fire fighters suspect that electric short circuit might have caused the fire. So, an inquiry has been initiated to ascertain the exact cause.
The incident led to panic among people who were present inside Vedic Village at the time of the incident. But major accident has been averted as there was no one inside the cottage when the fire broke out.
Next Story
Share it