Millennium Post

Fire breaks out at NRS pediatric ward

Kolkata: A fire broke out at the pediatric ward of the NRS Medical College and Hospital on Thursday morning triggering panic among the patients.
None was however injured in the incident but it spread panic among the patients as many children were admitted in the ward.
A room situated on the fifth floor of the building caught fire and the staff members of the hospital spotted smoke billowing out of the building. The fire was traced at around 10 am following which the staff members of the hospital informed the matter to the fire brigade. Three fire tenders were swung in action to douse the flame. The staff members of the hospital tried to douse the fire but faced difficulties in reaching the spot due to the smoke. The fire fighters brought the situation under control within one hour.
The firefighters first ensured that the fire did not spread to other wards.
They also successfully restricted the fire within the room.
Panic stricken patients started running from one place to the other after they found smoke coming out of the fifth floor of the Centenary building of the hospital housing various departments. The situation was brought under control as the firefighters reached the spot on time. The hospital staff members managed to remove the patients from the ward immediately after the incident. According to the preliminary investigation, the fire officials suspect that an old switch board had caught fire due to an electrical short circuit. The fire brigade is yet to officially announce the exact cause of the fire as they were investigating into the incident.
Next Story
Share it