Top
Millennium Post

Fire breaks out at momo shop

Fire breaks out at momo shop
X
Kolkata: A fire broke out at a momo shop at Tollygunge on Sunday morning.
Four fire tenders were pressed into service and firefighters took a few hours to douse the flames. Personnel of the state Fire and Emergency Services department said it was around 10 am when the fire broke out in the shop situated at Ashok Nagar at Tollygunge.
The shop was closed when the fire broke out. Initially, locals thought that someone was deep in sleep inside the shop when the fire broke out and they initiated the work to douse the flames. Within a few minutes, firefighters reached the spot and joined the work to extinguish the fire. They broke open the shutter of the shop and somehow managed to enter the shop that was filled with smoke. They confirmed that there was no one inside.
The situation turned worse when the flames were threatening to spread to adjacent buildings. It led to panic among the people who reside in the adjacent buildings.
The fire spread fast as there were inflammable materials inside the shop and local people failed to extinguish the fire despite initiating the work within a few minutes after it broke. The adjacent shops were closed and preparations were also going on to evacuate the adjacent building.
However, the firefighters managed to put out the flames. Though they are yet to ascertain the exact cause behind the incident, they suspect that an electrical short circuit might have been the cause.
Next Story
Share it