Top
Millennium Post

Fire breaks out at medicine godown, none injured

Kolkata: A fire broke out inside a homeopathy medicine godown at Beliaghata on late Saturday night. No casualty of injury has been reported in the incident so far.
As many as 14 fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flames. Some of the local residents spotted smoke billowing out of the go-down at around 1 am. They informed the matter to the fire brigade.
The fire had spread to the other portion of the go-down before fire tenders could reach the spot.
After being informed, police also reached the spot and cordoned off the entire area. The fire spread as inflammable materials were stored inside the godown. The incident sparked tension among locals and many were taken to a safer place by the police. The go-down was closed down when the incident took place.
After a prolonged effort, the fire fighters managed to detect the source of the fire. They restricted the fire from spreading to other adjoining buildings. They brought the situation under control nearly three hours after the incident occurred.
According to the preliminary investigation, police and fire officials suspect that inflammable materials were stored inside the godown and this had aggravated the situation. Fire officials also suspect that an electrical short circuit might have caused the fire. A forensic team also visited the spot to collect samples.
Next Story
Share it