Top
Millennium Post

Fire breaks out after gas cylinder explodes

KOLKATA: A fire broke out inside a house following a cooking gas cylinder explosion in Behala on Wednesday. Panic broke out among people in the area and they moved to a safer place to take shelter without initially realising what had actually happened. The explosion took place in a room situated on the second floor of a two-storeyed building on Diamond Harbour Road. Officers of the state Fire and Emergency Services department went to the spot and initiated the work to extinguish the fire. Locals too helped the fire fighters in bringing the situation under control. There was no one in the house when the fire broke out. A probe has been initiated to ascertain the exact reason behind the explosion. Monotosh Jha, a local resident, who was there when the blast happened, said: "There were many people there who panicked and started rushing here and there."
Next Story
Share it