Top
Millennium Post

False alarm: SSKM patients mistake oxygen leak for fire

False alarm: SSKM patients mistake oxygen leak for fire
X
Kolkata: Panic spread among patients and their relatives after there was a leakage from the oxygen cylinder at the main block of SSKM Hospital on Tuesday evening.
The patients mistook the leakage of gas as smoke and apprehended that there might be an incident of fire. The patients started running from various wards and rushed downstairs.
The nursing staff members and other employees of the hospital found that a room at the main block was filled with smoke, caused due to leakage of a cylinder. The matter was informed to the fire brigade.
Two fire tenders were pressed into action. The oxygen cylinder that had the leakage was removed from the block by the fire personnel.
The situation was brought under control within half an hour, following which normalcy was restored.
Next Story
Share it