Millennium Post

Adequate arrangements in place for secure polls: Dubey

JALPAIGURI: Vivek Dubey, the Special Police Observer for Bengal, said while talking to media persons in Jalpaiguri on Wednesday that adequate arrangements have been made for the second phase of polls. "I had been told that adequate arrangements had been made in Cooch Behar. Taking lessons from that, we have made foolproof arrangements for the second phase," said Dubey. 80 percent of the booths will be manned by CAPF personnel, while the remaining 20 percent will be manned by state armed forces. However, even these booths will have web casting and mobile force patrolling for added security. The Observer said that representatives of political outfits had met him. "I have assured them that elections will be free and fair," he stated. 61 companies of CAPF will be deputed in Jalpaiguri, whereas in the Darjeeling district, 69 companies will be deployed. 9 companies will be deployed in Kalimpong, with 64 companies in Uttar Dinajpur.

Next Story
Share it