Millennium Post

1 killed, 3 others seriously injured in 2 separate accidents

Kolkata: One person was killed and three others seriously injured in two separate accidents since Friday night.
The incident took place near Salt Lake Phari area where an elderly woman was killed after being knocked down by a private bus.
The victim has been identified as Jharna Kumari (70), a resident of Chandannagar who came to a relatives' house in Salt Lake. Police said that the victim was crossing a road near Tank number 4 in Salt Lake when a private bus mowed her down. The incident occurred at around 10.30 pm on Friday.
As the bus was running at a high speed, the bus driver could not control the vehicle and it hit the woman. She fell at the distance due to the impact of the accident.
After hearing about the incident, locals rushed to the spot and found that she was lying in a pool of blood. She was profusely bleeding from her head.
The locals rushed the victim to Bidhannagar Sub-Divisional Hospital where the doctors pronounced her brought dead. According to them, the victim had multiple injuries on her body with an internal hemorrhage in her head.
The driver had fled the spot along with the vehicle immediately after the accident.
Police were going through the CCTV footages to identify the bus and raids are being conducted to nab the driver.
In another incident, three persons including a woman were injured when the car they were travelling in lost control and rammed into a guard wall on the Ultadanga flyover.
The accident took place on Saturday morning. According to the police there were three persons including the driver in the Lake Town-bound Fiat car that met with an accident.
According to the preliminary investigation, police suspect that the car might have rammed into the railing when it was competing with another. The injured persons were rushed to a private nursing home for treatment and their condition is stated to be serious.
After being informed, the cops reached the spot and recovered the car that was badly damaged in the accident.
Preliminary investigation suggests that the vehicle was running at a speed of anything between 80-100 when the accident took place. The driver applied sudden breaks but could not avoid the accident.
Police said all the victims were in an inebriated state. A suo-motu case in this regard has been initiated.
The incident triggered major traffic congestion in the area. Normalcy was restored after the vehicle was removed by the police at around 8 am.
Next Story
Share it