logo

Kolkata studio fire: 3 hurt

Several persons, including some actors, had a narrow escape when a fire broke out at Dasani studio during the shooting of a TV serial in Ranikuthi area of South Kolkata on Friday. Tolly star Rachana Banerjee, host of the soap Didi no 1 fell unconscious as a result of suffocation.

There was no casualty, fire brigade officials said. Firemen, disaster management personnel and studio employees rescued those trapped in the air-conditioned floor, the officials said. ‘The trouble is that most studio owners don’t want to spend on fire safety measures. Also, where repair is necessary, studio owners don’t want to incur losses by shutting down production’, said actor turned producer, Arindam Sil.

Five fire tenders fought the blaze for two hours, they said, adding that huge quantities of inflammable articles were stored on the floor.The cause of the fire and extent of damage were yet to be assessed, they added.

Interestingly, the TMC Government has proposed to restore and repair film studios of the city which need to be spruced up.

‘The West Bengal Heritage Commission has also taken up the restoration of old structures in the city nad we hope we will be able to be of assistance soon’, said painter Shuvaprasanna, member of the panel and adviser to the chief minister.
Nandini Guha

Nandini Guha

Our Contributor help bring you the latest article around you


Exclusive

View All

Latest News

View All
Share it
Top