Johnson ruled out of 4th Test at Sydney
Australian pace spearhead Mitchell Johnson was on Sunday ruled out of the fourth and final cricket Test against India after failing to recover from a hamstring strain. “Mitchell Johnson has been ruled out of the fourth Commonwealth Bank Test against India due to a hamstring injury he picked up during the third Test in Melbourne last week,” Cricket Australia said in a statement.
Johnson could not train on Saturday and team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris confirmed this morning that the left-armer has not fully recovered from soreness in his right hamstring, ruling him out of the match starting January 6 here. Kountouris said the 33-year-old was expected to be fit in time for the ODI Tri-Series with India and England, starting on January 16, ahead of the World Cup next month. Australia have already won the ongoing Test series by taking a 2-0 lead with the Melbourne match ending in a draw. “Mitchell had some right hamstring soreness during the Boxing Day Test and we have been closely monitoring his recovery since that match but feel he has not fully recovered,” said Kountouris.