Jangipur hospital removes coin from boy’s throat
Doctors from Jangipur Sub-divisional Hospital in Murshidabad have given a fresh lease of life to a 3-year-old boy by removing a coin that got stuck in his throat.
The incident occurred at Samsherganj in Murshidabad. As time passed, the child became inactive and was on the verge of becoming senseless. The baby swallowed a coin on Wednesday evening when he was playing with some of his companions. He was writhing in pain and his family members were confused about what to do to save their child. His family members took him to a quack in the village but he failed to take out the coin.
The victim’s family members then took him to a hospital in Dhulian. After examining the child the doctors failed to remove the coin from his throat. The boy’s family members then decided to shift him to Jangipur Sub-divisional hospital. After going through an ordeal for 26 hours the baby got a new life as the doctors there managed to remove the coin on Thursday night. The doctors showed the boy’s family members the one rupee coin that got stuck in his throat.