Installation of mobile towers in Naxal areas of C’garh to start soon
The union telecom minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad, has assured the Chhattisgarh government that the work on installation of mobile towers in the Naxal infested areas of the state would commence within two months.
The minister gave the assurance to chief minister, Raman Singh, who met him in Delhi on Saturday. Singh apprised the minister of the delay in setting up of 146 mobile towers in Naxal-affected regions and said that these were of paramount importance for providing connectivity to security and administrative personnels posted in far-flung areas of Bastar.
The chief minister told Prasad that the state government had already provided lands near police stations and camps for setting up the mobile towers.
Prasad discussed the matter with the officials concerned and assured the chief minister that the construction work for these towers would likely to start in next two months.