‘Hopeful to resolve WICB impasse’
BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya on Thursday said that they would meet the West Indies officials soon to resolve the dispute that arose after the Caribbean team’s abrupt pullout from a full tour in October last year.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has reportedly slapped a USD 41.97 million damages claim on the WICB after the players pulled out after fourth ODI in Dharamsala on October 17.
They were slated to play one more ODI, a Twenty20I and three Tests but citing the failure of West Indies Players’ Association (WIPA) and WICB to respond convincingly to their questions related to the memorandum of understanding and collective bargaining agreement signed by the two parties in September, they abandoned the tour.
“We are hopeful that we would be able to resolve the issue through mutual discussions shortly. This would be in the interest of the game and it would also be in tune with the decision of the Working Committee in the subject issue,” Dalmiya said in a statement.
In the Working Committee Meeting of the BCCI held in Kolkata on April 26, Dalmiya had informed the members that the WICB had requested <g data-gr-id="14">for </g>a meeting with BCCI to amicably resolve the impasse created by the West Indies tour of India being called off <g data-gr-id="15">mid way</g>.