Top
Millennium Post

Halt in Aleppo bombing will be extended: Russia

Moscow has said that Russian and Syrian warplanes have not conducted any airstrike on the city of Aleppo for the past seven days and are upholding a moratorium on bombing. “All flights by Russian and Syrian air forces have been completely halted in a 10-km zone around Aleppo since October 18,” senior military official Sergei Rudskoi said at a briefing on Tuesday. 

“The moratorium on airstrikes by Russian and Syrian planes around the city will be extended,” he added, without specifying a timeframe. A so-called “humanitarian pause” declared by Damascus and Moscow ran out at 1600 GMT on Saturday, and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported there were airstrikes afterwards against the opposition-controlled district of Sheikh Saeed. 

Russia’s defence spokesman Igor Konashenskov said earlier that six passages for civilians to leave rebel-held eastern Aleppo were still functioning and that 48 women and children left late Monday. 
Agencies

Agencies

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Next Story
Share it