logo

Govt’s efforts on to woo tourists in Uttarakhand

Recently, a senior leader of BJP said that tourism is the backbone of this hill state, and all efforts should be focused on to revive tourism industry. Tourism creates new employment opportunities, gives new identity and status to unexplored and far-flung  areas and also help in poverty alleviation to some extent.  At the time of crisis created due to mid-June natural calamity, the state government is creating new planning and attractive packages to attract tourists of all pocket-sizes. The Bahuguna-led state government is leaving no stone unturned to catch the fancy of indigenous and exotic tourists to rejuvenate tourism industry.

Last year, according to official data, nearly 25 lakhs tourists visited the Char Dham shrines during the peak season.  Due to halted pilgrimage, the state government is now focussing on other hill stations and holy places to captivate tourists. Recently, tourism minister Amrita Rawat said that Mussorrie, Nainital, Haridwar and Rishikesh are totally safe and perfect tourist destinations.

A K Dwivedi, joint director of Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board told that recent natural disaster hit only 10 percent area of this hill state, and the remaining 90 per cent places are still safe, accessible and full of all facilities. Moreover, Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN) and Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam (KMVN) , the two extended arms of Uttarakhand tourism are providing discount rates and off-seasonal rates from the coming month.
MPost

MPost

Our Contributor help bring you the latest article around you


Exclusive

View All

Latest News

View All
Share it
Top