Millennium Post

Girl dies of alleged medical negligence in Janakpuri

In an alleged case of medical negligence, a five-and-half-year-old girl has died at a private hospital in Janakpuri after being admitted for treatment of fever.

The deceased identified as Samaira Madan, a resident of Vikashpuri had <g data-gr-id="38">fever</g> for which she was admitted to Shishu Sadan Multi-Speciality hospital on Wednesday. The girl died on Wednesday following which her parents filed a case of medical negligence against the hospital.

“<g data-gr-id="31">Samaira</g> was suffering from fever for the last two days. “We had consulted local doctors and had also got her tested for <g data-gr-id="41">dengue</g> but the results were negative. When her temperature did not drop, we took her to Shishu Sadan where they admitted her and put her on <g data-gr-id="40">drip</g>.

“Till 3.30 pm, <g data-gr-id="35">Samaira</g> was talking after which suddenly her pulse went down and doctors treating her said that there was an emergency situation and that she has to be put on ventilator. They told us to arrange an ambulance with ventilator for the patient to be shifted to Sir Ganga Ram hospital as the two ventilators in the hospital were in use.

By the time we arranged everything they informed us that she has died at 4.30 pm,” alleged the deceased’s uncle Amit Madan.

When contacted, a senior doctor of the hospital said, “We are waiting for the <g data-gr-id="39">post mortem</g> to come. The treating doctor has already given his statement to police and we have also submitted all the documents related to the case.

“The girl had come in a serious condition. Her BP was not recordable and her limbs were cold. We gave her fluids and medicines to stabilise her. There could be a possibility of internal bleeding but nothing can be confirmed as of now. We have full faith in judiciary and authority,” the doctor said.

“We have received a complaint, wherein the relatives of the deceased girl have accused the hospital of medical negligence. The matter has been reported to the Medical Council of India (MCI). Further action will be taken based on MCI’s report,” said DCP (West) Pushpendra Kumar.
Next Story
Share it