Home > Kolkata > Four of family injured in fire at Teghoria

Four of family injured in fire at Teghoria

 MPost |  2016-12-07 00:18:57.0  |  Kolkata

Four persons from a family were injured in a fire at Teghoria on Monday night. They were rushed to the RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in critical condition.

Although the locals reported to the police that a LPG cylinder blasted in the kitchen and caused the fire injuries to those residents at Teghoria’s Mondalpara, the police suspect foul play there.

The investigators learnt that an altercation took place before the incident. The injured – Arun Naskar and his wife Purnima Naskar, Arun’s daughter-in-law Rima Naskar and son Amit Naskar often fought with each other to settle a property related dispute.

“We suspects that those family members attacked each other and set each other on fire. They all were trying to kill each other. The neighbours found them in that state in front of their house,” said an investigating officer.

The investigators inspected the place and found no sign of LPG cylinder explosion. The cylinder was kept in the kitchen and it was intact. There were no sign of burning in furniture and wood works and even in cloths.

“The conditions of Arun Naskar, Purnima Naskar, Rima Naskar is really critical. The hospital authority hasn’t given any guarantee of their lives. But Amit Naskar is in a comparatively better condition,” said the officer.

“Amit had attacked his father. He poured kerosene on his father’s body and set him on fire. Amit’s mother Purnima tried to save her husband, but she also caught fire. Amit’s wife Rima tried to pull his husband out of the melee, but could not avoid the flame. Three of them have eighty per cent burn injury. Only Amit has injuries in his both hands, has a chance of survival,” the officer added.

Arun, Purnima and Rima cannot speak now. They are unconscious. Amit told us it was an LPG cylinder which blasted. Later he changed his version saying it was refrigerator which actually burst. “We’ll arrest him as soon as he is discharged from the hospital,” said the officer.

Share it
Top