Millennium Post

Four held for shooting at bizmen in Kharagpur

Police have arrested four persons who allegedly looted two businessmen and later fired at them while fleeing the spot. The victims, however, escaped bullet injury.

They were admitted to a hospital as they received injuries while trying to oppose the accused who were trying to snatch the valuables from them.

Police said that the miscreants looted valuables worth a few lakh rupees and hard cash from a businessman who ran a jewellery shop at Kharagpur.

The incident had taken place on Wednesday night when Krishna Rao and Durga Rao, the two victims were returning home after closing their jewellery shop.

The miscreants who were six in number stopped their way and demanded valuables and cash.

When they refused to hand over valuables to the accused, they beat them up and inflicted serious injuries on various parts of their bodies.

The miscreants fired at the victims but they escaped any injury. After hearing the screams and the gunshot the local residents rushed to the spot and rescued the victims.

They were immediately rushed to the hospital by the local people. The incident triggered tension in the area.

After being informed, the police reached the spot and started an investigation in this regard. In the investigation, police came to know that the miscreants were six in number and they were originally from Bihar.

Police on Thursday arrested four of the gang members. In the interrogation, the accused admitted their guilt and told the police the names of the other accused who were involved in the incident.

They also told the police that they had a plan to snatch valuables from the victims.

Most of the gang members were from Bihar but they have been operating a racket from the state.

Police also interrogated the victims and have got some important information relating to the case. Police are conducting raids at various parts of the state to nab the other two culprits.

Meanwhile, the four accused have been remanded in police custody after being produced in a district court on Thursday.
Next Story
Share it