Millennium Post

Five-year-old girl electrocuted to death

Tension ran high on Masjid Bari Lane under Karya police station on Thursday morning after a five-year-old girl died after being electrocuted when she came in contact with an electric wire lying in the open.

The local people have alleged that the electrical wire was kept in the open as hooking was being done from the wire. A mob staged demonstration at the area protesting against the carelessness of 
some people.

They also demanded action against those who were responsible behind the incident. Local people said that the victim Suhana Khatun went out of her house to play.

The little girl did not have the slightest idea that an electrical wire that was lying there could take 
away her life. While she was playing, she came into contact with the electrical wire and was electrocuted.

The local residents rushed her to Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital (CNMCH) where the doctors pronounced her brought dead.

The local people alleged that hooking of electricity is rampant in the area and no action has been taken despite repeated requests.

Local people also said that the electrical wire came in contact with the accumulated water in the area.
A huge contingent of police reached the spot and pacified the mob. The protest movement was later lifted following the assurances from the senior police officers.

It may be mentioned that on last Monday, a 14-year-old boy died after being electrocuted when he touched an electrical lamp post while returning home from private tuition on Ramesh Mitra Road in Bhawanipore.

The boy stumbled at a point on the road which remained inundated and touched a lamp post to get a support. After the incident, the senior officials of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation and the state power department visited the spot and had given assurances to take stern action against those who are involved in hooking electricity. Police have been asked to take action against the accused.

Next Story
Share it