Home > Kolkata > Fire breaks out in South Kolkata residence

Fire breaks out in South Kolkata residence

 MPost |  2016-09-25 22:40:16.0  |  Kolkata

Fire broke out in a house at South Kolkata’s Bosepukur on Saturday morning, though no casualites were reported. Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames. Police informed that Ajoy Kumar Shaw and Kali Charan Shaw, the owners of a house at Bosepukur’s Prantik Colony dialled the fire brigade’s number at around 11 am.

There was an incense stick factory on the top floor of the house, where some plywood boards were kept. 
The fire suddenly spread there and thick smoke was coming out from the top floor. The shopkeepers, who were sitting under the house, raised their voices. The inmates staying in the ground floor came out from the house and called up the fire brigade.

“The fire brigade came late. If they came on time, some property could be saved,” alleged a woman, resident of that house. However, the fire brigade ruled out the allegation. “The lane was so narrow that the fire fighting engines could not pass easily,” an officer said.

The house owners demanded loss of property worth Rs 12 lakh. “There were many inflammable items there. The ply board, incense sticks were very inflammable. They should have taken adequate measures earlier. We’ll definitely file a report and submit it to head quarter,” said a fire brigade officer.

Share it
Top