Fire breaks out in Pitampura bank, one dead
A major fire broke out at the first floor of Bank of Baroda, Pitampura branch on Wednesday afternoon.
As many as 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot for firefighting operations. The main exit of the bank was blocked as the fire covered three sides inside the branch office. According to sources, 26-year-old Vipul, PO, from Bihar died in <g data-gr-id="17">accident</g>. Vipul was helping others to escape the <g data-gr-id="16">spot</g> but he was a tuberculosis patient and started feeling suffocated in smoke. It was his first day in office.
The cause of <g data-gr-id="20">fire</g> is still not <g data-gr-id="21">clear</g> but the employees suspect short circuit in the <g data-gr-id="15">air conditioner</g>. A case has been registered at the Maurya Enclave police station under sections 285 (Negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible matter) and 304A (Causing death by negligence) of IPC against unknown persons.
- 25 Jan 2020 5:27 PM GMT
- 26 Dec 2019 6:15 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT