Home > Kolkata > Fire breaks out at shop in city

Fire breaks out at shop in city

 M Post Bureau |  2015-12-29 00:12:06.0  |  Kolkata

A fire broke out at a shop which was on the third floor of a 5-storey building on 11, Clive Row on Monday evening, police said. Five fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flame. Local people spotted smoke billowing out from the third floor and informed the matter to fire brigade. Fire fighters suspect that an air-conditioning machine might have caught fire. They are however yet to ascertain the exact cause of the fire. However, no casualty has been reported. Police evacuated the floor to prevent any mishap. 

The fire fighters and police put a fight for nearly 2 hours and brought the situation under control.

Share it
Top