Fire breaks out at children’s hospital, none injured

A panic was triggered at Dr BC Roy Memorial Hospital for Children at Phulbagan, after a portion of the hospital had caught fire on late Sunday night. However, none were injured in the accident. Some staff members of the hospital spotted smoke billowing out of the building. Tension ran high among the staff members and the relatives of the patients who were present at the hospital. 

The local people came forward and helped douse the fire initially, but could not do so as the fire was soon spreading.  Two fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flames. The fire fighters brought the situation under control within one and half hour.

The local councilor Swapan Samaddar reached the spot after he came to know about the incident. He supervised the operation. According to the preliminary investigation, police and fire department suspect that an electrical short circuit might have caused the incident. 

They have started an inquiry into the incident to ascertain the exact cause of the incident. The extent of the damage is yet to be ascertained.



Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it