Home > Kolkata > Fire breaks out at Aroop Biswas’ house

Fire breaks out at Aroop Biswas’ house

 MPost |  2016-08-26 23:59:00.0  |  Kolkata

A fire broke out at state Public Works Department (PWD) minister Aroop Biswas’s house at New Alipore on Thursday morning. The fire fighters and a team from state disaster management department doused the flames which reportedly broke out around 11.15 am. Police said five fire tenders were sent to the spot to douse the flames.

The fire broke out at third floor of the minister house. The minister himself lives on the ground floor. The fire broke out at the false ceiling, from where it spread to the other areas of the house. The fire brigade officers vacated the house where the Biswas family lives.

A room was heavily damaged and some people were rushed to the hospital for treatment as they were choked due to the smoke. Jui Biswas, sister-in-law of the minister was sent to the hospital after she faced breathing problems. Another family member, Jhumpa Biswas was also taken to hospital.
People in the housedid not exactly know when the fire had broken out. The furniture of the gutted 
room was heavily damaged by the fire.

The disaster management team was sent to take people who were stranded inside the room. The firefighters used a ladder to reach the room. The fire brigade and the disaster management team feel that there may be many reasons of the fire. It is suspected that a gas leak might be the cause of the fire.

State fire service minister Sovan Chatterjee went to the spot to expedite the work. The firefighters along with the team of disaster management kept no stone unturned in controlling the situation.

Share it
Top