Fire breaks at a plywood manufacturing unit

A fire broke out in a plywood manufacturing unit on Beliaghata Main Road on Monday morning.

Ten fire tenders were pressed into service and fire fighters took more than four hours to douse off the flames.According to an officer of the state Fire and Emergency Services Department, preliminary investigation revealed that short circuit led to the incident. It seems that the fire initially broke out at a storeroom in the factory which spread to the entire unit as it was packed with combustible materials.Workers in the factory ran out after noticing smoke billowing out of the store room. Local people initiated the rescue work and informed the fire department. The fire spread to different parts of the factory as it was not possible to take the fire tenders inside the narrow lanes. 

The shanties and adjacent factories were evacuated. Fire fighters managed to enter the factory after around two hours of the incident and after searching confirmed that no one was trapped in the building. The total extent of damage is yet to be ascertained. An officer said that a probe will be initiated to find out the exact reason behind the fire.
M Post Bureau

M Post Bureau

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it