Fire at flour mill in Subzi Mandi engulfs entire building
A massive fire broke out at a flour mill in North Delhi’s Subzi Mandi area in the wee hours of Tuesday. No casualties or injuries were reported in the incident. In yet another incident, a fire broke out in the basement of the North Block area the Parliament in Lutyen’s Delhi on Tuesday morning.
In the first incident, The fire caused damage to the entire five-storeyed building. However, no loss of life was reported, said police.
According to a fire department official, the flour mill is in situated on the Roshanpura road in Subzi Mandi area.
“We got a call of fire at around 2.45 am on Tuesday from a local who said that the mill was completely devoured by flames. We immediately sent 15-20 fire tenders to the spot,” said the official.
The fire department official said: “Gradually the fire escalated which led to collapse of a major portion of the building. The fire started on the fifth floor. Since the building had a lot of wood, it quickly spread onto the other floors and the entire building was engulfed.”
Meanwhile, the police were also called and a couple of teams reached the spot to inspect the matter.
“It took the fire team almost five hours to douse the fire after which cooling operations were being conducted,” said the fire official.
A senior police official said that the fire caused damage to the building and flour but the exact cause of the fire could not be ascertained yet.
“We could not find out the exact cause of fire but it might have happened due to short circuit. We are investigating the matter from all angles in order to get a lead,” said the police official.
In yet another incident, a minor fire broke in the basement of the North Block where old furniture were reportedly stored. According to the fire department officials, the incident took place at around 9.30 am on Tuesday morning. Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames. Police said that no casualties or injuries were reported in the incident.
“In the preliminary investigation, it appears that the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the air-conditioner. We are investigating the matter,” said a fire department official.
- 17 May 2020 6:47 PM GMT
- 6 May 2020 6:06 PM GMT
- 8 May 2020 8:02 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 29 May 2020 2:44 PM GMT
- 29 May 2020 2:38 PM GMT
- 29 May 2020 2:30 PM GMT
- 29 May 2020 1:43 PM GMT
- 29 May 2020 1:38 PM GMT