Surprising reasons why you are not losing weight
Many people complain that they are eating less but not losing weight. A few others say they are exercising but not losing weight on scales and if you are one of them then you need to take a closer look at it and find the reasons.
Here are few possible reasons why you are not losing weight.
* Diet lacks a healthy mix: Weight loss diet must be a mix of all essential nutrients while limiting calorie rich foods.
* Binge eating: Depriving of food and then overindulging in unhealthy foods can disturb the hormone balance.
* Eating more after a workout: After exercising, some feel hungrier and end up consuming more calories than losing.
* Hypothyroidism: People who have sluggish thyroid or hypothyroidism do not lose weight easily.
* PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease): Due to hormonal imbalance, the body increases in weight and it becomes difficult to lose weight.
* Stress: People who are stressed find it difficult to lose weight due to the increased secretion of stress hormone cortisol and stress eating.
* Sitting more and moving less at work: Exercising regularly is good, but being physically inactive for long hours may also affect the weight loss regime.
* High blood sugar levels: High blood sugar levels can affect your weight loss regime.