Millennium Post
Delhi

Executive dies of suffocation at a Gzb hotel

An executive died of suffocation in Ghaziabad’s Kavinagar area on Thursday night after a fire broke out at the hotel where he was staying. Police said the deceased Sushant Khare, an executive of a Kolkata-based company, checked into Apple Tree hotel on Thursday. Khare (50) was a resident of Nagpur and was on an official visit in the city. 

A fire broke out at the hotel in the early hours of Friday reportedly and though the management managed to rescue all the guests, Khare could not be saved as he did not wake up. 

“The fire broke out suddenly at around 3-4 am and the cause seems to be a short circuit. The management rescued all the guests but the room in which Khare was putting up was locked from inside so it could not be opened,” said Pankaj Thakur, the hotel’s manager. 


Though Khare was rushed to the nearby Yashoda hospital, he could not be saved.

“The door was broken and the guest was rushed to a hospital where the doctors declared him brought dead,” Thakur said. “We have registered a case and the deceased’s body has been sent for autopsy. No arrest has been made yet,” said SP City, Ghaziabad, Ajay Pal Sharma. 
Next Story
Share it