Millennium Post

Editor, two others beat up woman for asking about salary

A woman working with News Mania Weekly was allegedly beaten up by her editor and two other officials on Thursday when she had asked them to explain the reason behind not giving her salary.

The victim went to Shakespeare Sarani police station and lodged a complaint with the police around 2 am on Friday. Police said that the victim lodged a complaint against the editor Barnali Biswas and two other officials Chilka Roy and Sudipa Saha.

The victim told the police that she had been working in News Mania Weekly for the past two months since June 20. She is, however, yet to get salary of even a month.

On Friday she finally asked the authorities to clearly state the reason for denying her the salary and sent an email in this connection. Soon after knowing that she had sent a mail seeking explanation for not getting her salary, she was attacked by three of them. They pulled her by her hair and allegedly beat her up. They banged her head against a wall and continued till she fainted.

They finally contacted her parents and informed them that she fell ill in office. They were asked to come to office as early as possible.

The victim’s parents were told that she had some “behavioural issue”. But the editor had confessed that she had slapped the victim. The officials forced the victim’s parents to give an undertaking stating that they were taking their girl from the office in a “fit and fine” state. They had threatened them of not allowing them to leave with their daughter if they refused to give the undertaking.

Being afraid, they gave the undertaking and took the victim back home. Later they took her to NRS Medcial College and Hospital where she had medical tests.

Subsequently they went to Shakespeare Sarani police station and lodged the complaint at around 2 am on Friday. When contacted in the office of the News Mania Weekly, a woman, who had received the call claimed that the editor was not in office. She couldn’t be contacted despite repeated attempts as her mobile phone was also in switched off mode.
Next Story
Share it