We end up having sleepless nights when the temperature mercilessly goes up and frequency of power cuts increases. If keeping windows open is one way to get good sleep, there are more things you can do to sleep like a baby. Femalefirst.co.uk shares advice given by the Sleep Council on how to get perfect night’s sleep during summer. Read on...
To keep the room cool during night, start from daytime by keeping curtains drawn
- Use cotton sheets this season
- Wear light cotton nightwear to absorb perspiration
- Take bath with cold water before bedtime to lower your body temperature
- Also drink cold water during evening and keep a bottle of water near your bed
- Stay away from heavy meal, caffeine, alcohol as these can make you feel hot in the middle of the night due to dehydration or over-active digestion
- To get relief from heat, you can put a tray of ice and water in front of the fan which will further cool the air in the room and help you sleep