Millennium Post

Depressed financial analyst kills himself

Depressed financial analyst kills himself
A 30-year-old financial analyst of a multinational company committed suicide in Millennium City Gurgaon on Wednesday. He jumped from the seventh floor of the Park Centra building that is situated in Sector-31 in Gurgaon.

'The incident took place around 11 am. The deceased was identified as Anand Dhanania who belongs to Kolkata. His firm, Analog, is on the ninth floor of the Park Centra building,' a senior police official said.

Anand died soon after he jumped from the building. He sustained several injuries on his head. No suicide note was recovered from the scene of crime. An eye witness informed the police, but he was uncertain about the floor from where the deceased jumped to death. But only the seventh and the 11th floor have terraces that one could access, rest of the floors are covered. 

'He was immediately rushed to Medanta Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Investigation is on to find out why he had committed suicide,' the official added.

Around 10 am, Anand reached the office. After an hour, around 11 am, he went to the terrace and jumped. A team of doctors reached the spot within 15 minutes and they tried their best to save him. But he suffered from several head injuries and also received multiple fractures on his body.

Anand's colleagues alleged that he seemed depressed for the last one week and on Wednesday he looked very upset.

A case under Section 174 of IPC has been registered in Sector-40 police station and the body has been sent to civil hospital for postmortem. 

'We were stunned. For the last three days, he had been talking to us regularly. While talking to his sister, he promised to join us for Diwali,' Dhanania's father Hari Dhanania said.

Dhanania, who was unmarried, had joined the company in January. However, he was often absent from office, said investigating officer Jaswant Singh.

Dhanania's father said his son worked in Chennai and London before coming to Gurgaon.

Dhanania's roommate, Saurabh, told the police that he avoided going to office and would stay alone all day at their rented accommodation in Sector 31. 
Next Story
Share it