Millennium Post

Youth dies after kin of girlfriend slit his throat

New Delhi: A 23-year-old photographer was on Thursday night killed in the busy market area of west Delhi's Khyala, as onlookers watched him bleed to death after his severely beaten up and his throat slit by four persons in front of his parents.
Delhi Police on Friday said they have apprehended all four persons, including a woman, all of whom belong to the same family. Two of the accused were caught after they being overpowered by onlookers.
Law enforcement officials said the youth was murdered as he was reportedly in a relationship with a young woman of the family of the accused, which they had disapproved. DCP (West) Vijay Kumar said that due to the sensitivity of the matter, and because of the different communities involved, identities of the people involved in the case have not been disclosed.
The deceased youth, the only child of his parents, had been living with his family in Raghubir Nagar area of west Delhi and was the sole breadwinner. According to police, the incident came to light when a PCR call was received at Khyala police station – located two kilometres away from the scene of the crime – about the incident near a blind school in Raghubir Nagar area.
After the youth's parents were informed by some people that their son was being thrashed in the market, they rushed to the spot and immediately took him to hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
"He was in a relationship with a 20-year-old woman, who is a second-year student in a distance education course.
"The family of the girl was against their relationship. On Thursday, they had an argument with the boy and his family. During the scuffle, the father, mother, uncle and minor brother of the girl caught the boy and stabbed him on the neck," said the DCP. He added that except minor, all others have been apprehended.
An alleged video of the woman is also being circulated in social media, wherein she claimed that her relatives killed the boy when she was going to meet him.
Talking about the sequence of events, the DCP said that on the day of the incident, the boy had made a phone call to the woman and told her to meet near Tagore Garden Metro station.
As she was about to leave to meet him, the woman reportedly locked the door from the outside, with her family members still inside the house. Suspecting that she was going to flee with him, the family members, in a fit of rage, grabbed a knife and went after the girl, said police.
"My son was returning from the work in his employer's car, when the accused accosted and killed him in the busy market," said the mother of the deceased.
Police claimed that at the time of the incident, the woman was in Tagore Garden area. After the youth was murdered, she reached Khyala police station with her friends, to see what was going on.
Reports suggested that at the station, the woman said she did not want to go back to her family.
Next Story
Share it