Millennium Post

Woman's body found stuck between towers of Amrapali Silicon city

Noida: A partially decomposed body of a 19-year-old woman was found stuck in a narrow opening between two towers of Amrapali Silicon city residential society in sector 76 of Noida on Tuesday morning. Police along with NDRF teams had to struggle for nearly eight hours to rescue the body.

According to police, the deceased has been identified as Sonamuni, a native of Katihar district in Bihar. Cops said that the woman was appointed as a house help at one of the flats in the society.

On Tuesday morning, around 8 am, the residents of the society felt a foul smell coming near the two towers and spotted the body which was stuck near 12th floor between the two towers and immediately informed police.

A police team from sector 49 police station rushed to the spot and they called fire department to rescue the body. The rescue operation was started and Hydraulic cranes were used to but they failed to pass through the narrow opening.

Police then requested a few residents of society living at the upper floors of the tower to let them cut the wall of their flat and rescue the body but they denied.

Later, the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams from Ghaziabad were called to pursue the rescue operation.

The NDRF teams somehow managed to convince an elderly man who lived at the building to pull out the body from his balcony.

It took nearly one and a half hour for NDRF personnels to rescue the body which was later handed over to the police.

Ajay Kumar Agarwal, Station House Officer at sector 49 police station told Millennium Post that more than half of the body was decomposed.

"Prima Facie when we saw that body, we could not identify as it had nearly decomposed. The body was sent for the post mortem and later the body was identified to be of a woman. Police launched an investigation and it came to light that the woman had been working as maid at one of the flats of the building but was missing since 28th June. Her employer, who had brought her from Bihar to look after the household works, had also lodged a missing complaint with police," said Agarwal.

The officer further said that the family of deceased has been informed.

"Preliminary investigations showed that the woman had been living at her employer's house from past one year and had gone to her home in Bihar a month ago. She returned on 18th June and was missing a few days after she came back. As of now we cannot say if she had fallen into the narrow opening and died but we are investigating covering all the possible angles into the case. We have informed her family members who are expected to arrive by Wednesday morning. We have not received any complaint into the case but we will question her employer for further details," added Agarwal.

Meanwhile the residents alleged laxity in security arrangements of the society.

"The incident is a result of negligence in the security arrangements as the doors of terrace remained open," a resident alleged.

Next Story
Share it