Two persons found dead inside room, asphyxiation suspected
New Delhi: Two persons were found dead inside a room in West Delhi's Rajouri Garden area on Monday. Police suspect no foul play behind the incident. The investigation is on from all angles including asphyxiation which might be the reason behind the death.
According to police, from the spot, they found alcohol bottles and angethi (fire stove) which was suspected to be burning in the intervening night of December 23-24. The deceased identified as Tejinder Singh (31) and Gurtej (21) were found lying unconscious on the top floor of one building in Subash Nagar on December 24.
"They were declared brought dead by doctors in the hospital," police said.
A foreman reached the spot to take keys of the factory after seeing them (deceased) he informed the family members about the incident.
"We received information from MKW Hospital in Subash Nagar that Singh was brought dead due to excess consumption of alcohol last night," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Monika Bharadwaj.
Later the crime team visited the spot. Three alcohol bottles, glasses, one angethi (fire stove) and cigarettes seized from the spot. "The investigation is on from all angles including asphyxiation. The postmortem will reveal the reason behind the deaths," police said.
DCP Monika further stated that during the enquiry, on the day of the incident, it was found that Tejinder and Gurtej along with their two other friends consumed alcohol and food in the night. "We have not found any foul play so far," said DCP West.
For the clues, the investigators are also questioning the two persons who were present at the spot with the deceased. Tejinder Singh was the resident of Ramesh Nagar whereas Gurtej is the native of Jind in Haryana.
"One of the deceased had a furniture shop," police said. Last year in November, six men who worked with catering service in wedding events, died of asphyxia, while they were sleeping with a burning urban-oven (tandoor) in a tempo outside a marriage venue in Delhi Cantonment area.