Millennium Post

Two die of electrocution in separate incidents

Two die of electrocution in separate incidents

NEW DELHI: Two persons died due from suspected electrocution in separate incidents in the city.

In the first incident, a 45-year-old woman was electrocuted when she was using a washing machine at her residence in outer Delhi's Aman Vihar area on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Poonam Kochar (34), who reportedly died after she touched the machine.
Hearing her cry for help, a neighbour went to help Poonam, but she too received a shock. Another person reached the spot and switched off the electricity supply and took the women to the nearest hospital, where Poonam was declared brought dead on arrival.
In the second incident, a 15-year-old boy was found dead near an electric pole located near a jhuggi cluster at Akbar Road.
Vinod, the uncle of the deceased's, told police that he found Arvind lying unconscious near the electric pole.
The victim was rushed to AIIMS, where he was declared brought dead. Police said they are looking into the case.

MPost

MPost

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top