Two die of asphyxiation in North Delhi
New Delhi: Two persons died of suspected asphyxiation in North Delhi's Civil Lines area on Thursday. Police claimed that they found tandoor burning inside the closed room. According to police, they got the PCR call around 9 am from the owner of the house where the incident took place. After reaching the spot, the team broke open the door and went inside only to see the persons lying unconscious on the beds. "They were rushed to the hospital where they were declared dead," police said.
The fire department was also alerted about the incident who reached the spot in Shri Ram Road ."Due to suffocation of oven smoke two persons were found in a dead condition," claimed Delhi Fire Services message. A fire department official stated that when they went inside the room smoke was filled all over the place.
An investigator added that there was only one window and door which was locked so there were no chances that the poisonous gas go outside from the room. It is been suspected that after making food they left the tandoor burning resulting in the incident, the investigation is on from this angle. "They left the tandoor burning and we suspect the asphyxiation is the reason behind death but we are waiting for the postmortem report," added the investigator.
Later the deceased were identified as Ranjit (45) and 25-year-old Chandan, both natives of Uttarakhand area. They were working as household helps in the house situated in Civil Lines area. "The owner of the house in the morning went to call them but getting no reaction from the deceased he alerted police," said an investigator adding that the room was situated in the compound of the house.
When asked whether they were drunk or any liquior bottles found inside the room, police claimed that they are waiting for the PM report which will clear the reason behind the death. In December last year two persons were found dead inside a room in West Delhi's Rajouri Garden area .According to police, from the spot, they found alcohol bottles and angethi (fire stove) which was suspected to be burning in the intervening night of 23-24 December.
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 1 May 2017 6:52 PM GMT
- 8 Oct 2019 4:43 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 13 Nov 2019 10:30 AM GMT
- 13 Nov 2019 10:22 AM GMT
- 13 Nov 2019 10:15 AM GMT
- 13 Nov 2019 9:52 AM GMT
- 13 Nov 2019 9:44 AM GMT