Millennium Post

Three of family found dead at residence in Chhawala

New Delhi: In a tragic incident on the eve of New Year, a couple and their son were found dead whereas their daughter was found unconscious at their residence in Chhawala area of Dwarka district on Sunday.
Police said the daughter was found to be alive and is recuperating at a city hospital. A suicide note recovered from their house stated no one to be responsible for the death.
The deceased were identified as Ajay Kumar (37), Manju Kumar (37), Magan (8). The victim girl identified as Chetna (12), who is in ICU.
Police said the incident was discovered by the children of Ajay's elder brother at around 10 am on Sunday, resided at a nearby house, who came to take Magan for playing cricket. The boy saw Ajay hanging from a ceiling fan and other family members lying on the bed.
He immediately alerted everyone and the victims were rushed to the hospital where three of them were declared brought dead. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Shibesh Singh claimed that Ajay has been depressed since his brother, Mahavir, had committed suicide in 2016.
"Ajay's elder brother had committed suicide a year and half ago post which he has always been upset. After his brother's death, he had agreed to take care of his two sons who had shifted next to their house. In the suicide note Ajay reportedly addressed to his mother and sister and mentioned that no one person is responsible for the extreme steps," said a police official.
In the note, Ajay also apologised for killing his children. However, he did not mention any financial constraints. Cops are exploring all angles.
"He had even sent out messages through his phone to several people stating that it was his "last message," the officer added.
When asked whether wife and children were poisoned, the DCP claimed they have not found any such thing so far.
"We have found some marks on their bodies which is being probed as their faces had turned blue," said the DCP.
Police suspected that the husband killed the children and wife first then he committed suicide.
"We are waiting for postmortem report after which we can come up with the conclusion about the death," said a police official.
Police are also questioning deceased's family members to know the reason behind the incident.
Next Story
Share it