Millennium Post

The last hug of Archana with her husband and daughter

The last hug of Archana with her husband and daughter

New Delhi: "At about 12 am there were celebrations and dancing on the DJ floor, Archana, my daughter and I hugged & wished each other and then she went back to dance," the aforesaid lines are part of the police complaint which

was lodged by Vikas Gupta whose wife died after being shot allegedly by ex- JD(U) MLA Raju Singh.

He further told police that when his wife was dancing he saw the security guard firing two shots with his gun in the air. "MLA also sounded around four to five shots in the air with his weapon. Five minutes later, some gunshots could be heard again which were fired by Singh and suddenly I noticed that Archana had fallen down," Gupta told police in his statement. On Thursday Archana died during treatment. Sources claimed that after being invited

by the brother of a former MLA, the victim with her husband went there to celebrate New Year's Eve.

Police sources claimed that apart from MLA, his wife and his other associate Raminder Singh tried to threaten other people (eyewitness) present in New Year's party. "He also cleansed the floor and

hided the rounds fired," sources added. His wife, Renu Singh was non-cooperative during questioning. The accused claimed that they have the license for all weapons which recovered from the farmhouse. "We have taken remand and will check the license," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) Vijay Kumar.

He further stated that they have taken DVR of the CCTV cameras. "Raju Singh and Hari Singh were caught in one CCTV carrying weapons. It was just 15 to 20 minutes before the incident," said Kumar adding that few persons who were present at the spot showed their cooperation with police others were non-cooperative.

Sources further added that the investigation is going on in the part that after fleeing Delhi whether he contacted any other person. The Delhi Police on Wednesday detained former Bihar MLA Raju Singh and his driver. Sources claimed that after receiving information about the location of the leader, city police contacted UP Police after which Singh and his driver were caught.

Next Story
Share it