Millennium Post

Suspect's bank account to be freezed

New Delhi: Six days after the murder of a 26-year-old Radiology intern Dr Sashwat Pandey, who was found murdered with his throat slit in his rest room of St Stephen's Hospital, Delhi Police have decided to freeze the bank account and ATM card of the prime suspect.
The accused, who is reported to be a fellow doctor at the same hostpital, has been absconding since the murder, that took place on August 25.
Police sources told Millennium Post that few days before the incident, the suspect had withdrawn more than Rs 3,00,000 from his bank account.
The reason behind freezing of the account is that the police do not want any other person to further transfer any money into the account of accused.
"We have started the process," a senior official said on Thursday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (north) Jatin Narwal stated that they are investigating the case and questioning is going on.
According to police, they have got some leads in the case in which they are working.
"Search is going on in Delhi and other states to nab the culprit," police said.
According to police, the incident was reported on Friday morning and they are suspecting the role of another fellow doctor and friend of the deceased who fled the spot after the incident.
The suspect entered the hospital at 12 .47 am on Friday and went inside the deceased's room using his punch card where he slit Pandey's throat with a blunt object, possibly a surgical knife. He fled the spot soon after committing the crime.
"He came to the hospital in a car which was found by police in Anand Vihar area. We are investigating where he fled as the car was found at the place from where both railway and bus stand is near," police said.
Police sources stated that the suspect who is involved in the case had long past of violence.
He had also harassed the deceased by posting defamatory messages in hospital WhatsApp group.
The suspect was suspended for carrying a knife with him in the hospital and on July 11, he was sent on leave.
Several complaints were sent to hospital authorities regarding the violent behavior of the alleged accused.
Next Story
Share it