Millennium Post

Student's death: Parents meet Ghaziabad SSP

The family members and relatives of a 10-years-old Class IV student of G.D. Goenka Public School, who died after slipping in the school premises on Tuesday, along with several other parents protested outside Ghaziabad's Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) office on Friday against the delay in arrest of the culprits.
They later met the SSP and demanded immediate and strict actions against those responsible for the death of the child and also alleged that they are being threatened by the school owners to face adverse consequences if they do not stop their agitation against them.
Deceased Armaan Sehgal's parents held the school responsible for the death of their child and also for hiding the evidences.
"The school administration is responsible for the death of my child. During these four days, the school has tampered with the evidence. The CCTV cameras at all other places were found to be operational but the school authorities have said that the cameras covering the corridor where Arman slipped were not working. This makes it clear that they are trying to hide out the evidences," alleged Swati Sehgal, Armaan's mother.
Calling it to be a 'murder', the parents urged Singh to arrest the school owners Ankur Malhotra, Smita Malhotra, Kavita Sharma, Meenakshi Dhingra, Shilpa Babbar and Sumit Anand. The parents also alleged that owners also sent some goons who threatened them by holding a pistol on Armaan's mother. They warned the parents to face dire consequences if they do not negotiate with the school.
The parents submitted a written complaint to the SSP in respect to the same.
Senior Superintendent of Police H.N.Singh heard their grievances and assured them the culprits will surely be punished and requested them to wait till Monday.
The fatal accident occurred on Tuesday morning at the school premises in Niti Khand in Indirapuram. The 10-year-old kid came in to appear for an internal school test. He slipped and fell on a second floor corridor and was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead.
The parents held the school to be responsible for the death and said that it was the fault of the school that the corridor was not safe to walk. Armaan's mother said that his cloths were wet suggesting that there was water on the floor which caused him to slip.
Next Story
Share it