Millennium Post
Delhi

'Strict action against Max once final report is with us'

NEW DELHI: Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain on Wednesday said that strict action will be taken against Max Hospital once the final report arrives.
On Tuesday a three -member doctors' panel submitted its preliminary report to Delhi government, in which found the hospital guilty of not having followed medical norms in dealing with twin newborn babies, but was found to be alive later.
Jain also said that a show cause notice was served to the hospital on November 22 for not treating the patients of EWS (economically weaker section) category.
He further said that Max hospital violated norms of extended beds in hospital.
After the huge backlash that the upscale Max hospital (Delhi) suffered due to a case of medical negligence wherein a newborn was wrongly declared dead, it has sacked the two accused doctors, Dr AP Mehta and Dr Vishal Gupta.
This action has been taken on the basis of "our initial discussions with the expert group and as a reflection of our commitment to higher standards of care," the statement said.
The hospital authorities added, "We wish to clarify that this action should not presuppose finding of any lapse by the expert group and should not be construed in any way to be anything other than an expression of our continued commitment to providing quality healthcare."
The hospital, however, said that the move did not indicate the probe panel had indeed found a lapse.
Earlier on Saturday, Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain had said that strict action will be taken against those found guilty and if need be, Max Hospital's license would be revoked.
The hospital handed over the bodies of the twins to the family in plastic bags, to be taken for burial.
Next Story
Share it