Spate of suicides reported from Noida and Ghaziabad

Spate of suicides reported from Noida and Ghaziabad

Noida/Ghaziabad: Four people, including three minors, committed suicide by hanging themselves in four separate incidents reported from various parts of Noida and Ghaziabad within 24 hours.

In the first incident, the body of 12-year-old Sunny was found hanging in his house in Khora area of Ghaziabad on Sunday afternoon.

Police said that Sunny reportedly had a fight with his friends over a wrist watch while they were playing, and a few hours later his body was found hanging with the door in his residence.

However, Sunny's family alleged he was killed, claiming that a boy in the neighborhood had a fight with Sunny on Sunday and that the boy, along with two other friends, strangled Sunny to death and fled.

Police have initiated a probe into the matter after registering a case based on the complaint lodged by the victim's family.

"The body has been handed over to the family after the post-mortem. We are waiting for the autopsy reports to ascertain whether the boy was murdered or he committed suicide. Two boys, suspected to be involved in the case, have been apprehended and are being questioned" said Ravi Kumar, Circle Officer, Khora.

In the second incident reported in the same area, a 16-year-old girl allegedly killed herself after an argument with her sister.

Police on Sunday said the girl was identified as Neha Yadav, a Class X student of a government school in Delhi.

Neha reportedly had an argument with her elder sister on Saturday night and took her own life on Sunday afternoon by hanging herself with the hook on the ceiling, when family had gone outside.

Cops have sent the body for post-mortem, adding that no suicide note was recovered.

Meanwhile, in two separate incidents reported from Phase-III area of Noida, a 24-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy ended their lives after they failed to deal with stress.

Police said that 24-year-old Deepak, a native of Rahul Vihar area of Noida, hanged himself to death after he failed to deal with mental stress.

"Deepak lived with his family in the locality and worked as a labourer. Neighbors informed us that his wife and mother used to quarrel over pity issues. This affected his mental state, due to which took the extreme step," said a senior police official.

The second incident was reported from Mamura area, where a 16-year-old jilted lover ended his life after relations turned sour.

Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it