Millennium Post

MNC manager ends life, wife attempts suicide

Greater Noida: A 32-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan while his wife slit her wrist several times after seeing her husband dead at their residential flat in Gaur city society of Greater Noida West on Monday night. Cops suspect a family feud to be reason behind the incident.

According to police, the incident occurred in fourth avenue of Gaur city society. "The man identified as Sunny Sinha, a native of Himachal Pradesh, worked as manager with Samsung company, died in the incident while his wife Priyanka (30) has been critically admitted to Safdarjung hospital in Delhi," said police officials.

RK Prasad, Priyanka's father said that the couple got married around two years ago at their home town in Chhapra district of Bihar and it was an arrange marriage. "At the time of marriage, Priyanka was working with TATA consultancy Services (TCS) in Bangalore and got transferred to Noida around six months after her marriage. The couple worked at different IT companies in Noida and lived at a rented flat," said Prasad.

Narrating the incident, Prasad said that Priyanka had called him for help on the night of incident and urged him to reach her flat immediately.

"I also live at a residential society in Greater Noida West along with my wife. Priyanka had come to meet us on Monday evening and nearly half an hour later she left our home, I received a call from her and she asked me to immediately reach her flat. Before I could ask anything, she disconnected the phone. When I reached her flat I found her to be missing from home but later police informed me that she has been admitted to Safdarjung hospital and reported the incident to me," he added.

Manoj Kumar Pathak, Station House Officer of Bisrakh police station said that they suspect a family feud to be reason behind the incident.

"Police received information from a man who identified himself to be a friend of the deceased and told police that Priyanka had called him for help. A team rushed to the spot and found the man hanging from the ceiling fan while the woman was lying in a pool of blood with multiple cuts in her wrist. Police immediately took the woman to a nearby hospital from where doctors referred her to Safdarjung hospital in Delhi. The body of deceased was handed over to his family after getting the postmortem done," said Pathak.

"Preliminary investigations into the case showed that the man first committed suicide and then his wife tried for the same. We suspect that a family feud might have led to the incident. We have not received any complaint into the matter," added Pathak.

Next Story
Share it