Top
Millennium Post

Man electrocuted, two kids critically injured in Gzb

Ghaziabad: A young man was electrocuted while two kids received critical burn injuries after they got trapped with a kite string which was dangling from an overhead high tension wire in Khora area of Ghaziabad on Tuesday. Police officials said that the kite string 'Manjha' was China made and was coated with a thin metal string through which the current had passed.

According to police, the deceased has been identified as Sonu Pandit (25), a resident of Prem Vihar colony in Khora. Police officials added that Pandit was passing the road while talking on his mobile phone when accidentally he got trapped with the kite string which lying on road and was carrying high voltage current.

Police officials said that the incident took place on Tuesday evening. Another two victims, identified as Sagar (10) and Patlu (10), both native of Khora, were flying kite from the roof of their house when it got stuck into the overhead high tension line. Paltu was holding the spool while Sagar was flying the kite when a high voltage current flowed through the string whose intensity was such that both the kids sustained severe burn injuries and flung a few meters away from the spot due to the current.

An eye-witness said that the metallic kite string was dangling from the pole and was lying on the road. "Sonu, while talking on the phone, was passing the road. Somehow he couldn't see the thin kite string and got trapped in it. Within a fraction of seconds, his mobile phone exploded while the fire engulfed his body. A few passerby rushed for help and tried to douse the flames but it was too late and he died on the spot" the eyewitness said.

The locals immediately their family members while a police control room call was made. The victims were taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared Sonu brought dead while the two other victims were referred to higher medical Center for treatment. Cops said that both the kids have received over fifty per cent burn injuries and have been kept at Intense Care Unit (ICU).

Meanwhile, police officials said that they are yet to receive any complaint into the matter while necessary investigations are underway.

"Police team rushed to the spot after receiving the information and the victims were taken to a nearby private hospital. Sonu was declared dead on arrival while Sagar and Paltu were referred to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital in Delhi for treatment. We have not received any complaint in the matter while necessary investigations are underway" said Satyaprakash Singh, Station House Officer of Khora police station.

Next Story
Share it