Top
Millennium Post

Labourer dies due to electrocution at Greater Noida construction site

Greater Noida: A 27-year-old labourer died of electrocution, on Monday, while working at an under construction Jaypee builder's project in sector 151 of Greater Noida.

Deceased's family members alleged laxity from the labour contractor while an FIR has been registered against the project engineer and labour contractor in the case.

According to police, the deceased has been identified as Narayan, a native of Damoh district in Madhya Pradesh.

"The incident occurred at an under construction tower in Jaypee Aman society in sector 151 when Narayan was caught by a live wire of a cement mixing machine," said police.

An eyewitness who also worked as labour at the same site said that the labourers were working at the site around 10 am on Monday when there was sudden power surge into the machine and Narayan was trapped in it.

The other labourers also tried to save him but he was badly affected and was rushed to nearby Sharda hospital in Greater Noida where doctors declared him brought

dead.

Arvind Pathak, Station House Officer of Knowledge Park police station said that an FIR has been registered into the case while the labour contractor and other concerned officials are absconding.

"Following the incident and based on complaint given by other workers, an FIR under section 304A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered against the project engineer and the labour contractor in the case. We are conducting searches at various suspected locations to nab them," said Pathak.

Meanwhile, other labourers alleged that the machine was malfunctioning since last few days and the contractor was informed about it but he didn't pay heed to their complaint.

Narayan is survived by three children and wife.

Next Story
Share it