Top
Millennium Post

Juvenile accused denied bail, fined Rs 21,000

Gurugram: In a major blow to juvenile boy who has been accused of murdering seven-year-old Pradyuman Thakur in Ryan International School, a sessions court here on Monday denied bail to the 16-year-old.
Additional Sessions Judge Jasbir Singh Kundu declined relief to the accused and imposed a cost of Rs 21,000 for "wasting court's time" in baseless litigation and directed the father of the accused to deposit the amount.
"The conduct of the appellant (accused) indicates that he is taking court proceedings for a joy ride. He has indulged in wasting precious court time in baseless litigation on account of which seven court hearings have gone down the drain.
"This court finds no irregularities, illegalities or impropriety in the impunged order dated December 15, 2017 passed by JJB, dismissing default bail application," the court said.
It also directed in-chamber proceeding in the matter and ordered the media not to use the juvenile's name in any of the reports.
There will now be the in-camera trial of the proceedings, which will begin on January 22.
The Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) had, earlier too denied bail to the Class XI student.
On December 20 last year, the JJB had pronounced that the boy would be tried as an adult. The juvenile's family still has the option of challenging the order in Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Expressing satisfaction over the verdict, Barun Thakur father of Pradyuman said, "I am happy with the judgement. I now hope that law will take its course and justice will be delivered in the case."
On December 20 last year, the JJB had ordered that the 16-year-old boy would be tried as adult.
Pradhuman was found with his throat slit in the washroom of Ryan International School in Bhondsi on September 8, 2017.
Next Story
Share it