Top
Millennium Post

Govt proposes scheme allowing felling of only 20% trees for projects

Govt proposes scheme allowing felling of only   20% trees for projects
X

NEW DELHI: In the latest budget, the Delhi government announced a plan under which, removal of only a maximum 20 per cent of the total trees required for implementation of the project will be allowed. Remaining 80 per cent of trees will be made mandatory for transplant by modern technology. "Remaining 80 per cent of trees will be made mandatory for transplant by modern technology. This is a tough but very important step. Delhi is the first state in the country where this stringent rule will be implemented," said Finance Minister Manish Sisodia.

He added that environment pollution today is the concern of every Delhiite. But as I mentioned earlier, according to the data compiled by DPCC, the concentration of particulate matters in Delhi's air has declined by 20 per cent.

Next Story
Share it