Goods worth lakhs gutted in factory fire
Noida: A massive fire broke out in a garment factory in sector 63 area of Noida on Tuesday morning. Fire officials said that nearly eight fire tenders were pressed into action and after three hours of fire fighting, the blaze was controlled. No casualties was reported in the incident, however, goods worth lakhs was gutted in the fire.
As per reports, the incident occurred around 8 am at Naresh Garment's factory in D block of sector 63 in Noida.
The fire was started from the ground floor of the building with spread to upper floors. Fire fighters had to struggle to take control over the flames as the building was covered with glass walls which were later broken.
"We received information around 8:15 am and three fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire spread quickly to the upper floors of the building due to inflammable material kept inside and within a few minutes five more fire tenders were pressed into action. We managed to douse the flames within 2-3 hours of fire fighting. No casualty was reported in the fire, however, goods worth lakhs and a car was charred," said Arun Kumar Singh, Chief Fire Officer, Gautam Buddh Nagar.
The officer further said that the flames were triggered from due to a short circuit.
"Prima Facie it appears that the fire got triggered due to a shot circuit, however, we are investigating to know exact reason behind the fire. Meanwhile, the fire fighting equipments kept in the building were not properly working while the security guards in the company were not properly trained to use these equipments which turned the fire into massive," added Singh.
- 20 Sep 2019 10:15 AM GMT
- 20 Sep 2019 10:01 AM GMT
- 20 Sep 2019 10:00 AM GMT
- 20 Sep 2019 9:45 AM GMT
- 20 Sep 2019 9:35 AM GMT