Millennium Post

Ghaziabad: Man died during police checking, FIR registered

Ghaziabad: Man died during police checking, FIR registered

Ghaziabad: Following the death of 34-year-old man who suffered a heart attack after an argument with traffic cop, Ghaziabad police have lodged an FIR against unidentified cop for death due to negligence at Indirapuram police station.

The family members of deceased have alleged that the misbehaviour from the traffic cop led to their kin's condition deteriorating and his subsequent death.

Sudhir Kumar Singh, Senior Superintendent of Police, Ghaziabad has also set up an enquiry for the matter which will be headed by an officer of superintendent rank.

"Based on the complaint received from the family of deceased, a case under section 304-A (causing death due to negligence) has been registered against the unknown cop. The enquiry will be headed by SN Singh, SP traffic of Ghaziabad. We have also asked the family to come and identify the cop who was involved in the incident. Appropriate actions will be taken against him," said Singh.

According to police, Gaurav Sharma (34), who works in the sales department of a software company was stopped by a traffic policeman when he was travelling in his car along with elderly parents near CISF cut, on Sunday evening.

Sharma's 65-year-old father Moolchand Sharma alleged that despite they were not disobeying any road traffic rule, the traffic police personnel, who was wearing white dress, banged a stick on their car's body to stop them.

The family further said that Sharma stepped out of the car questioning the policeman for his behaviour.

However, he fell on the road during the altercation and the policemen present over there fled away instead of taking him to the hospital. The victim was taken to nearby Fortis Hospital in sector 62 where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

The Noida police confirmed after the incident that it occurred in Ghaziabad. Senior police officials said that Gaurav was diabetic in nature which made him to suffer a cardiac arrest. However, the family has said that his latest reports that came in August were normal.

Meanwhile, the family will go for identification parade of the cops deployed near the spot once they are back from Haridwar where they had gone to perform the last rites of their kin.

Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it